Trainer: Ciaran Traynor & Adele Boyd
This workshop will provide participants with the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to recognise and assess the risk of suicidal behaviours and to undertake appropriate management or referral of a person who is at risk of suicide.
This workshop will:
- Give participants the opportunity to help a person at risk, stay safe
- Assist participant to support people at risk in linking them with community resources
Teach participants how to:
- Reach out and offer support
- Estimate the risk of suicide
- Apply a model for suicide prevention
- N.B. For Social Workers this course is worth 36 PiP Professional Credits. These can be claimed via the NISCC website.
- Our funding restrictions are such that this training is only available to those who work/volunteer for a voluntary, charitable, faith or community-based organisation. Please ensure you meet this criteria before applying.
- Lunch will not be provided.
- While this is a free training event, if you cannot attend and do not provide notice of at least 2 working days your organisation will be charged a cancellation fee of £20 per trainee.
- Due to the high demand for this training we can only offer a maximum of 2 places per organisation. Please do not apply for more than 2 places.
- Please bring your ticket with you on the day, either printed out, or on your phone/tablet.
- Registration is at 9.15 for a 9.30am prompt course start time.