Trainer: Adele Boyd
SafeTALK is Suicide Awareness for everyone and the sessions will prepare participants with the skills to better identify people who maybe having thoughts of suicide whilst also equipping participants with the TALK steps; (Tell, Ask, Listen, Keepsafe) when connecting with a person with suicidal thoughts.
The training is part of the globally recognised LivingWorks suite of training programmes.
This training session emphasises the:
importance of recognising the signs of suicide,
communicating with the person at risk
getting help or resources for the person at risk
No previous experience is required. This session is suitable for those who are interested in promoting mental health or suicide prevention and who are interested in building upon their knowledge of suicide prevention.
- Our funding restrictions are such that this training is only available to those who work/volunteer for a voluntary, charitable, faith or community-based organisation. Please ensure you meet this criteria before applying.
- While this is a free training event, if you cannot attend and do not provide notice of at least 2 working days your organisation will be charged a cancellation fee of £20 per trainee.
- Due to the high demand for this training we can only offer a maximum of 2 places per organisation. Please do not apply for more than 2 places.
- Please bring your ticket with you on the day, either printed out, or on your phone/tablet.
- Registration is at 9.15am for a 9.30 course start.