Trainer: Ciaran Traynor, Learning and Development Officer
This workshop will give participants an introduction to the issues involved in safeguarding children. It will allow opportunities to identify good practice and explore how to keep children safe. The workshop will also assist participants to recognise child abuse and develop an understanding of how to respond and report their concerns.
This is a Level 2 course and is the basic requirement for all people working with children and young people.
This workshop will:
- Improve understanding of good practice and good boundary management in relationships with children and young people.
- Increase awareness of forms of abuse (physical, emotional, neglect, sexual and exploitation).
- Help participants recognise risk factors, vulnerabilities, and child protection issues.
- Increase awareness of roles and responsibilities of self and others.
- Increase awareness of the legal and rights context for practice.
- Raise awareness of key safeguarding issues from case reviews and research.
- Help participants to relate roles and responsibilities to organisation policy and procedures
- Increase knowledge of, and competence in, reporting concerns.
- Improve understanding of the complex context of child abuse (grooming, on-line risks, Toxic Trio, consent, organised abuse, cultural and institutional issues)
N.B. For Social Workers this course is worth 18 PiP Professional Credits. These can be claimed via the NISCC website.
- Our funding restrictions are such that this training is only available to those who work/volunteer for a voluntary, charitable, faith or community-based organisation. Please ensure you meet this criteria before applying.
- Lunch will not be provided. You can bring your own lunch or order from Cafe Rojo (beside CiNI)
- While this is a free training event, if you cannot attend and do not provide notice of at least 2 working days your organisation will be charged a cancellation fee of £20 per trainee.
- Due to the high demand for this training we can only offer a maximum of 2 places per organisation. Please do not apply for more than 2 places.
- Please bring your ticket with you on the day, either printed out, or on your phone/tablet.
- Registration is at 9.15 for a 9.30 course start.