Trainer: Ciaran Traynor, Learning and Development Officer & David Gillen, Social Work Consultant.
Trauma Informed Practice
“An exceptional journey”
This training event will enable you to explore adverse childhood experiences and resilience through the real-life experiences of David Gillen, Social Work Consultant.
David’s journey through personal, interpersonal and institutional trauma will help you make sense of the theory and research on adverse childhood experiences, resilience, trauma and attachment.
This training will explore:
§The personal, individual and lifelong impact of trauma.
§Local and national research on adverse childhood experiences and trauma.
§What is resilience and how we can enable it.
§What we can learn from David’s experiences and what we can do as practitioners to ensure our relationships and services are trauma informed.
- Our funding restrictions are such that this training is only available to those who work/volunteer for a voluntary, charitable, faith or community-based organisation. Please ensure you meet this criteria before applying.
- Lunch will not be provided. You can bring your own lunch or order from Cafe Rojo (beside CiNI)
- While this is a free training event, if you cannot attend and do not provide notice of at least 2 working days your organisation will be charged a cancellation fee of £20 per trainee.
- Due to the high demand for this training we can only offer a maximum of 2 places per organisation. Please do not apply for more than 2 places.
- Please bring your ticket with you on the day, either printed out, or on your phone/tablet.
- Registration is at 9.45 for a 10am course start.