Trainer: Andrea Kearns - Kearns Training and Consultancy
Andrea is a quality assured instructor, who has attended the instructor training programme accredited by Public Health Agency.
This is a TWO DAY virtual training course delivered via Zoom. You will be sent the Zoom details prior to the course.
- MHFA seeks to improve and increase mental health awareness across society and provide the skills necessary to have a non-judgmental conversation and encourage support – in doing so it aims to be exactly one of the many ways we can foster a mental health friendly society;
- Provide information, tools and techniques to promote a person's mental and emotional wellbeing, including your own;
- Support a person who might be experiencing mental and emotional distress including those in suicidal crisis.
In each section you'll learn how to:
• Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
• Feel confident helping a person experiencing a problem
• Provide help on a first aid basis
• Help protect a person who might be at risk of harm including suicide intervention
• Help prevent a mental health illness from getting worse
• Help a person recover faster
• Guide a person towards the right support
• Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Due to some of the sensitive subjects of our course, including suicide, we ask that you do not register to attend if you have recently been bereaved or are unwell within yourself.
This online version will also require participants to complete a questionnaire booklet to measure learning and on successful completion will receive certification.
These Zoom sessions are across 2 days. Each session will have two 15 min breaks.
• Our funding restrictions are such that this training is only available to those who work/volunteer for a voluntary, charitable, faith or community-based organisation. Please ensure you meet this criteria before applying.
• While this is a free training event and places are limited and in high demand - if you cannot attend we urge you to get in contact so another can take up your place.
• Due to the high demand for this training we can only offer a maximum of 2 places per organisation. Please do not apply for more than 2 places.
• Please allow at least 5 minutes prior to training start time to check your computer/tablet/smartphone video & audio settings and to complete your Pre-Training Self Efficacy Evaluation.
• If you have questions or need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 028 9040 1290