This 3 hour refresher course is aimed at those who have completed the full day child protection awareness course in the last three years. The workshop will assist participants to refresh their knowledge in relation to types and indicators of abuse, responding to disclosures and how to deal with child protection concerns.
Please note: this training is in the afternoon - 1:30pm-4:30pm
This workshop will:
- Increase or refresh awareness of forms of abuse (physical, emotional, neglect, sexual and exploitation).
- Increase or refresh awareness of roles and responsibilities of self and others.
- Relate roles and responsibilities to organisation policy and procedures.
- Increase or refresh knowledge of, and competence in, reporting concerns.
N.B. For Social Workers this course is worth 9 PiP Professional Credits. These can be claimed via the NISCC website.
- Our funding restrictions are such that this training is only available to those who work/volunteer for a voluntary, charitable, faith or community-based organisation. Please ensure you meet this criteria before applying.
- While this is a free training event, if you cannot attend and do not provide notice of at least 2 working days your organisation will be charged a cancellation fee of £20 per trainee.
- Due to the high demand for this training we can only offer a maximum of 2 places per organisation. Please do not apply for more than 2 places.
- Please bring your ticket with you on the day, either printed out, or on on your phone/tablet.
- Registration is at 1.15 for a 1.30 course start time.