Trainer: Ciaran Traynor, Learning and Development Officer
This workshop will give participants an introduction to the issues involved in safeguarding children. It will allow opportunities to identify good practice and explore how to keep children safe. The workshop will also assist participants to recognise child abuse and develop an understanding of how to respond and report their concerns.
This is a Level 2 course and is the basic requirement for all people working with children and young people.
This workshop will:
- Improve understanding of good practice and good boundary management in relationships with children and young people.
- Increase awareness of forms of abuse (physical, emotional, neglect, sexual and exploitation).
- Help participants recognise risk factors, vulnerabilities, and child protection issues.
- Increase awareness of roles and responsibilities of self and others.
- Increase awareness of the legal and rights context for practice.
- Raise awareness of key safeguarding issues from case reviews and research.
- Help participants to relate roles and responsibilities to organisation policy and procedures
- Increase knowledge of, and competence in, reporting concerns.
- Improve understanding of the complex context of child abuse (grooming, on-line risks, Toxic Trio, consent, organised abuse, cultural and institutional issues)