Child sexual exploitation is a form of sexual abuse were children and young people are exploited, coerced and / or manipulated into engaging in some form of sexual activity in return for something. This workshop provides an opportunity for managers and practitioners to learn more about the issue of child sexual exploitation and responses to prevent and protect.
This workshop will:
- Develop understanding of the grooming process and the mechanisms that perpetrators use.
- Develop understanding of the key risk, vulnerability, and protective factors in CSE.
- Raised awareness of the impact of sex, gender, sexual orientation, and past experience in CSE.
- Improve knowledge and skills in the development of safety plans and strategies and the importance of safe people, safe places and maintaining relationships.
- Develop an understanding of consent.
- Develop an understanding of the impact of attitudes and stereotypes on risk.
- Increase awareness of roles and responsibilities of self and others in disruption, prevention, and protection.
- Raise awareness of legal and rights context for practice.
- Raise awareness of key safeguarding issues from case reviews and research.
- Relate roles and responsibilities to organisation policy and procedures.
- Increase knowledge of. and competence in, reporting concerns.
N.B. For Social Workers this course is worth 18 PiP Professional Credits. These can be claimed via the NISCC website.
- Our funding restrictions are such that this training is only available to those who work/volunteer for a voluntary, charitable, faith or community-based organisation. Please ensure you meet this criteria before applying.
- Lunch will not be provided. You can bring your own lunch or order from Cafe Rojo (beside CiNI)
- While this is a free training event, if you cannot attend and do not provide notice of at least 2 working days your organisation will be charged a cancellation fee of £20 per trainee.
- Due to the high demand for this training we can only offer a maximum of 2 places per organisation. Please do not apply for more than 2 places.
- Please bring your ticket with you on the day, either printed out, or on your phone/tablet.
- Registration is at 9.15 for a 9.30 course start