Trainer: Dawn Richardson
This workshop helps workers to develop parents' understanding of empathy and the importance of listening and communication. It explores the power of praise and positive interaction. The course highlights the power of play and promotes positive approaches to discipline and boundary setting. Nurturing Parenting approaches aim to help to parents understand and manage feelings and behaviour and become more positive and nurturing in their relationships with their children and each other.
This workshop will:
- Introduce constructs (building blocks) for positive, constructive relationships and calm, confident parenting
- Develop parents' understanding of empathy
- Develop parents' understanding of the importance of listening and communication
- Explore the power of praise and positive interaction
- Increase parents' understanding of the power of play
- Promote positive approaches to discipline and boundary setting, including appropriate use of strategies such as 'Time Out'
- Promote the value of 'connection' rather than 'correction'
On completion of training, practitioners will be able to:
- Explain to parents the importance of child led play
- Support parents in reducing their own and children's stress
- Support parents in building more positive relationships with their young children
N.B. For Social Workers this course is worth 18 PiP Professional Credits. These can be claimed via the NISCC website.
- Our funding restrictions are such that this training is only available to those who work/volunteer for a voluntary, charitable, faith or community-based organisation. Please ensure you meet this criteria before applying.
- Lunch will not be provided. You can bring your own lunch or order from Cafe Rojo (beside CiNI)
- While this is a free training event, if you cannot attend and do not provide notice of at least 2 working days your organisation will be charged a cancellation fee of £20 per trainee.
- Due to the high demand for this training we can only offer a maximum of 2 places per organisation. Please do not apply for more than 2 places.
- Please bring your ticket with you on the day, either printed out, or on on your phone/tablet.
- Registration is at 9.15 for a 9.30 course start.