Trainer: Ciarán Traynor, Learning and development Officer
This workshop will equip staff with skills, methods and knowledge useful in understanding, preventing, de-escalating and managing behaviours in adults and children that may be challenging.
This workshop will:
- Develop understanding of the purpose and origins of behaviours we may find challenging.
- Advance the use of person-centred interventions to prevent, deescalate and manage such behaviour.
- Provide participants with the knowledge and skills to maximise safety and minimise risk to themselves and others.
- Develop skills in de-escalation, building effective relationships and managing behaviour.
- Add to the resilience and capacity of staff members and teams to manage such behaviours.
- Enable practice that complies with good practice ethics
N.B. For Social Workers this course is worth 18 PiP Professional Credits. These can be claimed via the NISCC website.
- Our funding restrictions are such that this training is only available to those who work/volunteer for a voluntary, charitable, faith or community-based organisation. Please ensure you meet this criteria before applying.
- Lunch will not be provided. You can bring your own lunch or order from Cafe Rojo (beside CiNI)
- While this is a free training event, if you cannot attend and do not provide notice of at least 2 working days your organisation will be charged a cancellation fee of £20 per trainee.
- Due to the high demand for this training we can only offer a maximum of 2 places per organisation. Please do not apply for more than 2 places.
- Please bring your ticket with you on the day, either printed out, or on your phone/tablet.
- Registration is at 9.45 for a 10.00 prompt course start.