(incorporates the SBNI Virtual Reality and CEOP Thinkuknow resources)
The welfare of children is paramount in the offline and on-line world. Children and young people are increasingly comfortable and confident in the digital world and this world presents great opportunities as well as risks. This workshop takes a balanced approach to on-line child protection. It looks at harm prevention and protection in the on-line world and how we can enable children to be safe, benefit from this world and protect themselves.
This workshop will:
- Raise awareness of the technological context of on-line abuse (social media, “apps”, webcams, gaming, virtual worlds, mobile phones, pornography).
- Increase awareness of on-line risks (grooming, sexting, cyberbullying, digital footprints, sharenting, exploitation, extremism, fraud, blackmail, etc.).
- Improve understanding of children and young people as consumers and creators of content and the associated risks.
- Help participants to recognise on-line risk factors, vulnerabilities, and child protection issues.
- Raise awareness of roles and responsibilities of self and others, including CEOP.
- Improve knowledge and skills in the development of safety plans and strategies.
- Develop understanding of the legal and policy context.
- Develop awareness of key safeguarding issues from case reviews and research.
- Relate roles and responsibilities to organisation policy and procedures.
- Improve knowledge of, and competence in, reporting concerns.
- Increase awareness of resources and service available to support workers and children and young people.
PLEASE NOTE NEW START TIMES - registration is at 9.30am for a 10.00am prompt start.
N.B. For Social Workers this course is worth 18 PiP Professional Credits. These can be claimed via the NISCC website.
- Our funding restrictions are such that this training is only available to those who work/volunteer for a voluntary, charitable, faith or community-based organisation. Please ensure you meet this criteria before applying.
- Lunch will not be provided. You can bring your own lunch or order from Cafe Rojo (beside CiNI)
- While this is a free training event, if you cannot attend and do not provide notice of at least 2 working days your organisation will be charged a cancellation fee of £20 per trainee.
- Due to the high demand for this training we can only offer a maximum of 2 places per organisation. Please do not apply for more than 2 places.
- Please bring your ticket with you on the day, either printed out, or on on your phone/tablet.
- Registration is at 9.30am for a 10am prompt course start
CLICK HERE TO BOOK