Trainer: Robert Kane
Paediatric First Aid is: “the immediate care given to a child / infant who has been injured, or who has become ill prior to the arrival of qualified medical assistance”
This Workshop Will Cover:
- Adult, child and infant Emergency First Aid
- Aims of First Aid
- What to do in an emergency
- Dealing with an unconscious breathing casualty (recovery position)
- A non-breathing casualty CPR on an infant, child or adult
- Recognition of different head injuries
- All aspects of bleeding - including severe blood loss
- Medical Emergencies in Children and Infants
- Seizures, Stroke, Choking, Asthma, Diabetes, Meningitis, Burns and Ingested Poisons
- Severe allergic reaction and use of EPI Pen and Jext Pens
- Burns, fractures and soft tissue injuries
- This is a non-accredited course, however it will be certified and the training content is equivalent to a Level 2.
- Lunch will be provided, please let us know in advance if you have any dietary requirements (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you cannot attend, please let us know within 7 days of the event. Otherwise, your training fee will be non-refundable.
- Please bring your ticket with you on the day, either printed out, or on your phone/tablet.
- Registration is at 9.15 for a 9.30 course start.