CiNI supports the Public Sector to engage effectively with children and young people, their parents and carers in the development and review of policies, strategies and services that impact on children’s lives.
We can help Government and other statutory decision makers to engage with children and young people, their parents and carers through:
- producing child-friendly versions of policies and strategies;
- facilitating direct engagement;
- developing bespoke engagement strategies and processes; and
- providing tailored training
During the past eight years the Participation Network has:
- Created the “ASK FIRST” Principles - Northern Ireland standards for engaging children and young people in public decision making, endorsed by OFMdFM
- Developed an engagement strategy for the Children and Young People’s Strategic Partnership
- Produced child-friendly versions of Government policies, strategies and services and facilitated targeted consultations
- Promoted effective stakeholder engagement through seminars and training
For more information on our Participation service please fill in the enquiry form highlighting Policy/CPIS as your chosen topic.