Participation Network supports the Public Sector to engage effectively with children and young people in the development and review of policy and services that impact on their lives.
We offer a number of Training modules including:
- Why engage with children and young people?
- How to engage with children and young people?
We also offer training which is tailored to the specific needs of a particular Department, Council or Agency.
Our Consultation Support service is designed to help decision-makers in specific tasks, such as:
- Designing a consultation exercise
- Developing an engagement policy or strategy
- Recruiting young people to take part in a working group
- Seeking the views of younger children
- Organising a participative event
We can Signpost public authorities to our Directory of Practitioners. They work with specific groups of children and young people and have skilled staff who can facilitate your engagement.
Our website offers a range of Resources and information in relation to children and young people’s participation, including details of practitioners, guidance, and standards of good practice.
For further details log onto: http://www.participationnetwork.org/