Trainer: Ciarán Traynor, Learning & Development Officer
This workshop is aimed at team leaders and staff who have responsibility for the supervision of others practice. It will give participants the opportunity to understand the principles and purpose of supervision in learning, support, performance management, problem solving and good governance.
Participants will also be encouraged to explore the factors which contribute to poor performance, review their own level of competence and set goals for future development of their supervising skills.
This workshop will explore from the Supervisor’s perspective:
- Purposes, policies and definitions of supervision
- Contracts and structures of supervision
- Supervision as a learning tool
- Reflective practice in supervision
- Managing difficult or poor performance
- Problem solving in supervision
- A theoretical context of supervision
- Rehearsing supervisory skills
- Management of anxiety and change through supervision
Please note, this is a 2 day course from 9.45 - 4.30 each day. Participants must attend both days in full.
N.B. For Social Workers this course is worth 36 PiP Professional Credits. These can be claimed via the NISCC website.
- Our funding restrictions are such that this training is only available to those who work/volunteer for a voluntary, charitable, faith or community-based organisation. Please ensure you meet this criteria before applying.
- Lunch will not be provided. You can bring your own lunch or order from Cafe Rojo (beside CiNI)
- While this is a free training event, if you cannot attend and do not provide notice of at least 2 working days your organisation will be charged a cancellation fee of £20 per trainee.
- Due to the high demand for this training we can only offer a maximum of 2 places per organisation. Please do not apply for more than 2 places.
- Please bring your ticket with you on the day, either printed out, or on on your phone/tablet.
- Registration is at 9.45 for a 10am course start time.