Trainer: Ciarán Traynor
Accredited by Cornell University
N.B. Refreshers are required to maintain accreditation.
Please note: course runs Mon 9th, Tues 10th and Wed 11th of March 9:30am - 4:30pm and all 3 days must be attended fully.
“What kind of help and how it is given make a crucial difference between the child's learning from the experience or being set back. The Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training program for child and youth care staff presents a crisis prevention and intervention model designed to teach staff how to help children learn constructive ways to handle crisis.”
“The skills, knowledge, and professional judgment of staff in responding to crises are critical factors in helping young people learn constructive and adaptive ways to deal with frustration, failure, anger, rejection, hurt, and depression.” Cornell University RCCP
This workshop will:
- Look at how crises occur and how we can prevent them
- Explore Crisis as Opportunity.
- Develop awareness of and skills in self control
- Develop verbal and nonverbal techniques for crisis prevention and de-escalation of a crisis.
- Develop skill in managing a crisis
- Develop skills in post crisis response.
Participants must be from CiNi member organisations and associates who commit to;
(1) leadership and administrative support that places the welfare of children and young people as central,
(2) having processes in place to enable the development of crisis management plans,
(3) supervision and post-crisis response processes,
(4) the TCI training and competency standards, and
(5) incident monitoring and feedback.
N.B. For Social Workers this course is worth 54 PiP Professional Credits. These can be claimed via the NISCC website.
- Our funding restrictions are such that this training is only available to those who work/volunteer for a voluntary, charitable, faith or community-based organisation. Please ensure you meet this criteria before applying.
- The small course charge covers the participants' course workbook.
- Lunch will not be provided.
- If you cannot attend and do not provide notice of at least 2 working days your organisation will be charged a cancellation fee of £20 per trainee.
- Due to the high demand for this training we can only offer a maximum of 2 places per organisation. Please do not apply for more than 2 places.
- Please bring your ticket with you on the day, either printed out, or on your phone/tablet.
- Registration is at 9.30am for a prompt course start time.