Trainer: Ciarán Traynor, Learning & Development Officer
Good communication and collaborative working is essential. UNOCINI was introduced in 2008 as a universal assessment and referral tool. It aims to help practitioners produce full and accurate holistic assessments of a child’s needs, considering strengths and positive factors alongside risk. This workshop is being delivered to encourage the voluntary sector to use the UNOCINI format when making referrals to social services or completing assessments of need/risk.
This workshop will:
- Learn from past inquiries.
- Examine the understanding of the domains and elements of the UNOCINI Framework
- Develop an understanding of thresholds of needs model
- Have an opportunity to discuss consent/ information sharing
- Provide an opportunity to explore effective practice in use of UNOCINI
N.B. For Social Workers this course is worth 9 PiP Professional Credits. These can be claimed via the NISCC website.
- Our funding restrictions are such that this training is only available to those who work/volunteer for a voluntary, charitable, faith or community-based organisation. Please ensure you meet this criteria before applying.
- While this is a free training event, if you cannot attend and do not provide notice of at least 2 working days your organisation will be charged a cancellation fee of £20 per trainee.
- Due to the high demand for this training we can only offer a maximum of 2 places per organisation. Please do not apply for more than 2 places.
- Please bring your ticket with you on the day, either printed out, or on your phone/tablet.
- Registration is at 9.15 for a 9.30 course start.