Trainer: John O'Grady - Advanced Level WRAP Facilitator
This is a 2 day Level 1 training course and it is Copeland Centre Accredited.
The Wellness Recovery Action Plan or WRAP is used worldwide by people who are dealing with all kinds of health and life challenges. It was developed by a group of people who identified the things that they can do to feel better and stay well.
WRAP has been found to work well for people with: Mental health issues, Medical conditions, Life issues.
It can also be used as a guide in interpersonal relationships, recovery groups, agencies and organizations. It is used in schools, prisons, hospitals and community settings for all age groups
- To increase understanding and awareness of WRAP
- Recovery and WRAP for participants working in Care and Health settings.
- Greater understanding of values and ethics of WRAP
- Understanding of The Key Recovery Concepts of: Hope, Personal Responsiblity, Education, Self-advocacy, Support
- Introduction to WRAP: Self Monitoring and Response System
- Awareness of what constitutes a Wellness Toolbox
- Development of their own personal Wellness Recovery Action Plan
- Explore methods of transferring learning to clinical practice
- Skills for facilitating a one to one WRAP programme
N.B. For social workers this training is worth 36 PiP professional credits. These can be claimed via the NISCC website.
- Our funding restrictions are such that this training is only available to those who work/volunteer for a voluntary, charitable, faith or community-based organisation. Please ensure you meet this criteria before applying.
- Lunch will not be provided. You can bring your own lunch or order from Cafe Rojo (beside CiNI)
- If you cannot attend and do not provide notice of at least 2 working days your organisation will be charged a cancellation fee of £20 per trainee.
- Due to the high demand for this training we can only offer a maximum of 2 places per organisation. Please do not apply for more than 2 places.
- Please bring your ticket with you on the day, either printed out, or on your phone/tablet.
- Registration is at 9.45 for a 10am course start.